Alun Saunders

Bjarte Runderheim wrote:

"Denis Marier" skrev i melding

I was given an old rusted gouge. The handle of this gouge looks
mediocre. When removing the rust the stamping read: Robt. Sorby,
caststeel. Beside the name was an Iron Cross also stamped. On the
other side I also found a stamped figure that appears to be a
Buddha in meditation? I wonder how old is that gouge and who were
the original tool makers?

Try this:
www.robert-sorby.co.uk/

On the section on the website about the history of the Robert Sorby
company there's mention of a Kangaroo trademark ... could look a little
like a Buddha I suppose if it was rusty enough

--
Alun