Jabs

Stormin Moron,
Only three hours? You must do **** work!

Jabs,

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
The compressors I've replaced have been on smaller units. Typically takes
me
about three hours. Can't comment on heat pumps, we don't have many of them
in my part of the world.

I'd guess between 3 and 5 hours of work. Plus the trip out to your house,
and maybe a trip to the wrecking yard to dispose the old compressor.

HVAC guys, well, the labor rates vary around the country.

--
Christopher A. Young

Do good work.
It's longer in the short run,
But shorter in the long run.

"lbecker" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Lennox Heat Pump model HP-27-042
(http://lennox.com/products/overview.asp?model=HP27) and the
compressor died in it.

Luckily there is a warranty on the part, but I need to pay labor to
have it replaced. (I don't have an annual contract, but based on the
cost estimate I got, I would have broken even anyway I think).

In any case I got an estimate of $650 to replace the compressor, and
while to my non-HVAC professional eye, it looks like it could be time
consuming (i.e. doesn't look real simple to just swap it in and out)
$650 struck me as kind of high. I am going to try to get a 2nd quote,
but figured I would check with the pros in here to see if that was at
least a reasonable ball park number.

thanks in advance for any input or advice.

- Lynn B.