Jabs

Steve,
Did you forget to calculate the monthly cost (173.8 hrs) of employing a HVAC
journeyman too.

Jabs

"Noon-Air" wrote in message

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
Steve@carolinabreezehvac writes:

That is not a fair price, but you are being victimized by the "parts
not
labor" warranty scam, and the trade protection racket.

Not really. Richard..you really dont know a d*** thing about running a
business do you?

I suppose you want to whine about how much it costs to put a truck and
tech
on the road.

While I have some business experience, I admit it is limited to competing
fairly and without artificial barriers to entry. You may be right: I
don't
know much about the inside of your collusive, anti-competitive, and
protected trade. I do know that the alt.hvac cronies are the meanest
bunch
of roustabouts in the NNTP universe, and don't fairly represent the HVAC
biz.

I dunno what it is about fixing stuff for a living, but whether it is AC
units, or garage doors, or brain surgery, you all seem to think your
labor
is worth many times what mere mortals can do, but you need all kinds of
barriers and licenses to force people into paying it.

Well sport, just how much do you *think* we should charge???
Just how much am I supposed to charge to keep from going bankrupt so I can
be there down the road when your heating and cooling system dies because
it was never properly maintained, or you tried to have it repaired by the
lowest bidder, or worse yet you tried to do it your self.
With my *basic* company and personal expenses exceding $4,000 per month,
figure $1,000/week *NET* so that means gross reciepts of over $2,500/week.
Ok....now lets figure a 40 hour week with 4 calls per day (no you can't
charge for travel time inbetween calls) with an average of 1 1/2 hours on
each call.... that means an average of $125 per call..... this is a
minimum bare bones just to be able to stay in business, keep a roof over
my head, and food on my table. Now thanx to the greed of the oil
companies, I have a $350/mo fuel bill for an S-10 truck, and in another
couple of months I will have a heating bill that will go up 10 fold.
Licenses, laws and code is there only because somebody did it wrong at the
cost of loss of life, limb, and/or property.