Ron

Had a Delta deluxe jointer with a similar problmem. Same red safety
switch. Went to turn it off one day and it didn't stop. Switch flipped
back and forth just fine but with no resistance and the blades never
stopped. Had to unplug it. Tried different red safety inserts and
nothing worked. Never did anything about it b/c I sold it, and let the
new owner know all about the switch.

"firstjois" wrote in message ...
Hi Folks,

Ever seen a Delta safety switch locked into the "on" position? Well, this
one is. I'd drilled 3/16" x 1/2" holes into 60 3x5" pieces of pine and
when I tried to turn the drill press off the switch wouldn't budge, I had
to unplug the machine to turn it off. The switch is one of those red
safety kinds that can be locked by pulling the end off. Even unplugged
the switch could not be moved. Now what do I do? Bigger hammer?

Thanks,
Josie