1n 1972 we build a new house and filled it up with all new appliances,
whirlpool refrigerator, kenmore washer and a kenmore dryer..... the
house had caloric oven, cook top and dishwasher installed by the
builder...the washer lasted about 30 yrs. we just got tired of looking
at the avacado color.. the dryer only lasted about 28 yrs... due to a
gas problems that i could not figure out and it was leaking sometimes
and was too close to the pilot in the hot water heat so we got rid of
it. the ovwen conked out at about 30 yrs... the dishwasher never worked
right after the first year and we never had much use for it..the cooktop
is still working fine and the refrigerator was replace by a new one
about three years ago... but still in use in the garage... the new stuff
we had to replace it did not hold up as well. i think i had worked on
just about everything new we had bought recently... good think i kept
all my old repair manuals to keep the new ones running.... same
priniciple but now getting to electronically involved that the techs
dont work on them anymore and just replace circuit boards............
anything beyound a bad solder joint on the circuit board, a burned
resistor, a broken or burned contact point ... and then i am lost on the
electronics part.......
worst thing they could have done(in my opinion) is to fill all the new
stuff with electronics)... kinda hard to fix and costly as hell.....