IMM

"John" wrote in message

"Boovee" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I`ve trawelled through the NG`s regarding this but there are a lot
of old posts on the subject. Can it be brought right bang up to date.
The questions I`d like to know please a
Are Condensing boilers now reliable?

MUCH better now but I'd suggest you opt
for one with a stainless steel heat
exchanger rather than Aluminium purely
from personal experience of failures
of Aluminium ones

You obviously don't know much about boilers then. The current aluminium
boilers are silicon coated.

If this is the case, are the Ravenheat models sold in B&Q any
good.....older posts suggest not but why would B&Q stock them in they
were inferior. Has this model improved? Is the Worcester still the
King of the boiler crop?

Personally I'd go for a Glow Worm HXi model of appropriate rating. (Cxi if

Combi)
Be aware however that if you expect it to give its full performance your
existing radiator sizing "may" not be optimal.

Why is there a reluctance for a fitter to suggest (or even pretend not
to know about!!) a condensing bolier? Around what sort of reasonable
price would I expect to pay for a good, not overly expensive decent
boiler? Any recommendations?

For a long time I advised my customers
to consider ALL the implications
fully before blindly going for a condenser

And what might they be? What are all these ALL implications?

but apart from the practicality
of routing a condensate to waste pipe
there isn't really a lot of other work
for the installer. Now maintaining it
afterwards requires a lot more
technical ability but most of the plumbers
avoid this sort of follow up work
like the plague, prefering to let those
who can do this sort of work.

Plumbers are good for drains an gutters. Heating should be left to heating
engineers. The maintenance of a condensing boiler is no different to a
regular system boiler.

This man calls himself the boilerdoc. What a cheek.