John Santos

In article ,
says...
Hi Folks,

Ever seen a Delta safety switch locked into the "on" position? Well, this
one is. I'd drilled 3/16" x 1/2" holes into 60 3x5" pieces of pine and
when I tried to turn the drill press off the switch wouldn't budge, I had
to unplug the machine to turn it off. The switch is one of those red
safety kinds that can be locked by pulling the end off. Even unplugged
the switch could not be moved. Now what do I do? Bigger hammer?

Thanks,
Josie

Maybe irrelevant, but I recently bought a Delta 10" benchtop DP. The
instructions say you can turn it off with the little red tab removed,
but you can't turn it back on again. I tested it, and it seemed to be
working as advertised.

Maybe yours got packed full of sawdust?

I got a can of compressed air at MicroCenter for cleaning out computers.
It might work. It has a little red tube (like the one on a can of WD40)
for directing the air. I think you can get them at any good computer
store.

(If you have an air compressor, I'd try that first.)

--
John