Kevin & Theresa Miller

Jim Gott wrote:
Are you sure you were using BOILED linseed oil? Regular linseed oil won't work.
I've used this formula before with no problems. Bonnie Klein uses it a lot
also.

I often use a bit of mineral oil instead of BLO - it does a good job of
lubricating. I don't mix in very much though - often I'll just dampen the rag
w/it then wipe on shellac. I mix my own shellac, usually about a 1 lb. cut, so
I don't need to further dulite it w/shellac thinner or alcohol.

I have used BLO before, but either works equally well in my book...

....Kevin
--
Kevin & Theresa Miller
Juneau, Alaska