BaC

Default French Drain - Gluing Pipes?

I'm installing a surface drainage (for downspouts) and subsurface (french
drain) system in my backyard. I was reading a pamphlet of one of the piping
mfgs (I think it was NDS), and it said to glue all piping connections.

This seems like wasted time and effort since small leakage at joints isn't a
concern. The only reason I can imagine is so that during backfill, you don't
accidentally knock a joint loose, which would be trouble. Since I'm doing
this all by hand, I don't think that would be a problem in my case.

Is gluing joints for such a system standard practice?
Thx, Bruce