Andy Hall

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 19:13:57 GMT, fred wrote:

In article , Boovee
writes
Hi, I`ve trawelled through the NG`s regarding this but there are a lot
of old posts on the subject. Can it be brought right bang up to date.
The questions I`d like to know please a
Are Condensing boilers now reliable?
If this is the case, are the Ravenheat models sold in B&Q any
good.....older posts suggest not but why would B&Q stock them in they
were inferior. Has this model improved? Is the Worcester still the
King of the boiler crop?
Why is there a reluctance for a fitter to suggest (or even pretend not
to know about!!) a condensing bolier? Around what sort of reasonable
price would I expect to pay for a good, not overly expensive decent
boiler? Any recommendations?
I am in the process of replacing my old gas boiler. The house will
need an extra 4 radiators taking the total to 10. What sort of BTU
rating condensating boiler would I need? I do not intend to run my two
showers of this new boiler (not yet any way).
Thanks in advance for the replies. I know there are lots of questions
but I have very limited time to get a replacement.......
DB

If you're a bit tight then try to pick one from this list:
http://www.uselessenergy.org.uk/boilers_prices.asp
They're apparently a non profit organisation & the prices are the lowest I
have seen anywhere. Link courtesy of IMM.

There is, however a catch.

You have to buy through one of their approved installers, and there
does not appear to be any control over prices that they charge for
installation.

One can tell that this is not a commercial organisation. Who in
their right mind would call their website "uselessenergy".

I wonder if their products work with useful energy as well :-)

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl