Sir Edgar

I was a "Delta person" for years and have a fair mumber of their
machines in my shop. Then I had a design problem with a new jointer I
had just purchased. After many telephone calls and letters, they sent
two men in a truck to take it away and give me a full refund check. One
of the men remarked that they were taking all of this model back. I
replaced it with a Jet and have had no problems.

Rumor has it that that some of the engineers left Delta and formed the
Jet Company or at least joined them. Have you ever noticed the
similarity beween Delta and Jet designs?

I recently bought a Jet Model 1236 lathe and have no complaints. Yes,
the detent pin in the speed control handle does stick once in a while
but a little jiggle and it pops into place.

The only fly in the ointment is that I believe that Jet has joined a
conglomerate and I wonder what will be the result of that.

Peace ~ Sir Edgar
=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F 8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=
=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8