Peter Hyde

Are you sure you were using BOILED linseed oil? Regular linseed oil won't work.
I've used this formula before with no problems. Bonnie Klein uses it a lot
also.
-Jim Gott-
San Jose, CA

Yes definitely and I was super critical with the amounts of each
ingredient. I think there is probably a brain dead user here and I'm
doing something wrong like adding too many coats without allowing
adequate drying times in between.
However with most shellac based finishes adding oil means a need to
wipe of the excess oil that comes through the finish as it dries. So I
did a light buffing with some alcohol and now the handles are
definitely not as sticky.
What exactly are your proccedures when using this finish? Such as what
RPM, drying time between coats, sanding between coats, buffing?
Thanks