Eric Tonks

Run a 60 amp sub-panel and transfer enough circuits into it to allow the
breaker for the range to be installed in the main panel box. If you use a
large enough sub-panel, you can make enough room for the sub-panel's 60 amp
breaker plus the 50 amp breaker for the stove in the main panel then use the
sub-panel for lower amp circuits plus have extra positions left for any
future additional breakers.

"Craig Toth" ctothATsofthomeDOTnet wrote in message
The wife wants the clean look of an electric range so I guess I'm not only
going to have to run a 220v 50A circuit for the range, but also install a
sub-panel because I was down to 2 open circuits in my present 100A service
box.

My first inclination is to install a 60A sub panel because I will of

course
be installing at least one 50A circuit. Yet, a 60A panel with one 50A

seems
like I'm cutting it close.

Also my intension was to use 6/3 for the range circuit (about 25 feet

long),
what should I use to run to the sub panel. The run won't be more than 2

feet
(I'll be mounting the sub panel about 8 inches from the main and

connecting
them with EMT). I would think it would also be 6/3 because that's rated

for
65A.