Clif

Feel for ya man, it could always be worse though.

1. I was drilling to run a line for an alarm and a ball of fire shot out of
my drill, dont know where it came from, but I quit for the night.

2. One of my techs drilled repeatedly into a wall to fish a line down using
a 6 ft bit. Couldnt figure out why he couldnt find it under the floor,
until the owner of the house started screaming. He had been drilling THROUGH
the wall and into the back of an antique grandfather clock from Germany.
Don't ask how much it cost us to satisfy that customer.

Clif
"Upscale" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Up bright and early Saturday morning and while lounging around, I glance

at
the 5.1 Surround Sound speaker system (still in its box) I'd bought for my
computer. Another glance at the computer and I spy all the loose various
wires and stuff hanging around the computer system. "I know," says I,

"It's
about time I cut the holes for the 1.1/4" electrical conduit I'd

previously
bought and run all those loose wires through it and set the speaker system
up at the same time ~ clean up everything good."

An hour later, I've marked all the locations for three holes I need to

drill
in the old desk I use as a computer station. Cordless drill in hand with
1.3/8" hole saw installed, I start cutting through the sides of the 1/2"
plastic laminated, particle board desk. It's under the desk and I'm

drilling
by feel instead of seeing. First hole goes really smooth, 30 seconds of
cutting. Second hole goes just as fast. "Hey, this is easier than I'd
thought it would be." says I, wondering why I put it off for so long.

Start the third hole. Same material, same 1/2" thickness, but this time

it's
really, really, tough cutting. 20 minutes later, the cordless battery is
dying and I've barely cut 1/8" an inch of material. No metal or anything
different, just the same particle board. Angle a few mirrors to see where

I'm cutting and yes, it's the right spot. "Screw this" says I, as I run

off
to get the 1" spade bit to drill a working hole which I can widen when
necessary. I'm through messing around trying to cut a clean hole, I just
want a hole there of any type.

Second charged battery in the drill with chucked 1" spade bit and 20

minutes
later, the second battery is dying on me, my arms are hurting and I'm
cursing up a storm. There's no way in hell I'm going to let this thing

beat
me. Stick the batteries in the charger and run down to the local hardware
store to buy me a nice, new, sharp 1 3/8" hole saw.

An hour later I'm back with the new hole saw, fully recharged batteries on
hand and drilling at the same spot. 30 minutes later, I've only drilled a
further 1/8" and by this time, I'm ready to throw the drill, desk,

computer
and everything through the window.

THEN I SEE IT....

Somewhere between the second and third hole, I'd accidentally knocked the
slide switch putting that miserable, damned, F#*/$^G, cordless drill in
reverse. Think I was swearing before? You should have heard me after. Put

it
back into forward and less than a minute later, the hole was cut.

Figure I've got a number of months accrued, all the swearing I did on this
one. Somewhere, somehow, that cordless drill is going to pay if I have to
beat it to a pulp with a sledge hammer.