Default Garage door opener query

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
Readers who stayed awake will be aware that I successfully fitted a
Chamberlain garage door opener last week. All working fine, very
pleased with the result.

I wondered whether anyone has any suggestions with regard to the noise
the thing generates as it is opening/closing the door? I'm sure there
is no problem with gearing etc. But I suspect the garage door is being
used as a sound board and amplifying the minor vibrations that must
take place as the door moves.

I recently gained an electric garage door with a recent purchase. Like many
other things in the house, the noise was greatly reduced by generous
lubrication of all moving parts.

Colin Bignell