Jim Gott

Larry Cumba wrote:
Here's a quick finish I like to use. It's one third boiled linseed

oil, one
third denatured alcohol and one third clear shellac. When I need some
I usually go buy a quart of each and put them in a gallon jug. It

will
stay good a long time. With the lathe running about 1000 rpm or so
just apply it with a rag.

Larry this sounded good until I tried it!! It doesn't dry hard.
I used it to finish some new handles for my home made turning tools
and now after a week they are continue to show finger prints after
using them. BRBR
Peter Hyde

Peter,
Are you sure you were using BOILED linseed oil? Regular linseed oil won't work.
I've used this formula before with no problems. Bonnie Klein uses it a lot
also.
-Jim Gott-
San Jose, CA