Andy Cuffe

One section, a plug-in module labeled PIP-C
(picture-in-picture?), looks particularly daunting; it contains 19
SURFACE-MOUNT caps and EVERY ONE appears to be spilling electrolyte.
I guess my question is this; should I even bother trying to replace all
the surface-mount caps, or is that board not essential to the operation of
the set? I suspect the problem with wavy edges may be caps in the comb
filter, but I'm not certain.

There is a way to bypass the PIP board. I can't tell you how, but I
know this has been covered before. Do a search on google groups and
you should be able to find detailed instructions.

Andy Cuffe