Jason D.

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:50:20 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

Kano labs used to accept checks, but I don't know if they ship outside
the US. They do ship UPS, no problem there. But if your boss
doesn't like ordering south of the border, then I guess you'll have to
get along with what's available north of the border, won't you!

Yes, credit cards or PO. And will ship anywhere I think.

Kroil or any other chemical needs a crack to penetrate. If there's no
crack, it's not gonna help. If there is any crack at all, even
millionths of an inch, Kroil does eventually penetrate and do the
job.

Yes THERE is a crack.

Heating to red heat nearly always defeats rust, , but I don't know if
your exhaust manifold would tolerate that without cracking. I doubt
if you're getting it hot enough to do much good with an ordinary
propane torch.

Okay. I got huge propane torch with hose to that small heavy cylinder
at our shop. I was told that shop used to do A/C but became not worth
doing for many reasons. Those mini steel (iron?) cylinder, that is
almost 1/3 length of a typical tall metal gases cylinders that you see
around garages and labs. If not, I'll see if I can rent or have
somebody come over with their oxy&actyle set and get that GLOWING! :-)
That gasket should isolate most of heat and it is bolted to exhaust
manifold. I'll go ahead and take off the intake manifold which is
aluminum alloy and will melt easily way before iron starts to glow.
(from my experience from wistressing ex-stepfather carefully heating
alum strip and had to quickly bend making into

If these parts are just mating flat surfaces, I'd suspect a bolt,
dowel pin or other fastener might still be in place that you've
missed.

Yes, just a flat mating surfaces, held together with studs and nuts.
Both nuts was removed by previous owner and still stuck together.

I have factory manual for this van and clearly shows the diagram of
this EGR as whole. Only two nuts, EGR tube flare nut unbolted already
(had to buy this special crovfoot for that. This is chrysler 2.2L
carb.

Cheers,

Wizard