Gunner

On 28 Aug 2004 13:04:21 -0700, (mbrooks) wrote:

I bought a used stainless sink and the four flanges underneath (used
to bolt the sink to the countertop) are half-rusted and ugly. I'd like
to remove the and use the flat under-surface of the sink with a wooden
fram underneath and make a stand for it out of plain 2x4. The sink
itself is good and clean but those flanges are too rotted to keep.

I got one of the worst rusted flanges off by pulling/twisting with
pliers and hitting it at the seam with a hammer and garden spade,
using the spade like a chisel. This technique is not working as well
with a less rusted flange.

What would be a good approach?

The trusty right angle grinder will remove them very quickly.

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound
woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil?
Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence,
they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest
animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that,
and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make
it work.
- L. Neil Smith