Putyourspamhere

Subject: Monitored Burglar System

reader.com!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giga news.com!cyclone1.gnilin
k.net!spamkiller.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!trnddc01. POSTED!7626073e!not-for-mail
From: "Mike"
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 12:49:51 GMT

Thius is a good thing.
A monitored system will reduce my home owners insurance by $80.00 a year
not that irt's very expensive now.

Mike

"Colbyt" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
I'm looking for a monitored burglar alarm system for my house.
My insurance agent tells me a monitored system will reduce my
home owners insurance policy by $80.00 a year. I estimate the annual
cost of the system will be around $125.00 a year for a net cost of about
$45.00
a year.

Any recommendations for a good monitored system?
Does any group or publication evaluate these systems?
Any personal experiences (good or bad) with these systems?

Thanks,

Mike

Buy your system and maybe your service separately. Package deals require
contracts.

In most parts of the US 15-18 per month is the service fee for a no
contract
service.

Check out Clark Howard's website for useful information.

Colbyt

If you want an effective monitored system make sure that is uses a dedicated
phone line which is always online to the monitoring station or a cellular link
etc. The autodialer systems that are frequently installed are disabled as
easily as cutting the phone lines. Of course that won't effect the audible alarm.