tony sayer

Default OT Digital Radios

In article , Mike Barnes
writes
In uk.d-i-y, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Mike Barnes
writes
So I took it back and got an Acoustic Solutions SP110 tuner from Curry's
for GBP 89.99. It's a lot better than I expected for the price - solidly
built, good sound, works well with the supplied indoor aerial, four
preset buttons on the front panel. Whinges are (1) it's huge, but has a
small scrolling display (but other tuners seem to be the same) and (2)
the remote would be an extra 19.99 (as it happens I don't particularly
want one, but at 109.98 the total would still be a lot cheaper than the
competition).

What do you consider the competition to be?....

Other boxes that caught my attention (sometimes very briefly) included:

Pure DRX601ESM £229.99
Aria A-4000 £199.99 (not yet available AFAIK)
Sony ST-D777ES £518.33
Videologic DRX601ES £280.00

That's not an exhaustive list and I've just grabbed model numbers and
prices from random web pages since I'm no longer interested, but you get
the idea I'm sure.

Right, I thought you were comparing DTV Freeview boxes as an alternative
to DAB. You're quite OK in your choice of DAB receiver as its not worth
spending that much on because of the poor audio quality. I bought a fine
PACE Freeview receiver for a friend for Xmas for around 60 ish quid and
it gives fine BBC radio plus some other EMAP stations and extra TV
channels and worked fine of an existing aerial!.

Any other suggestions welcome because now that she's seen mine, SWMBO
wants something for her study as well.

Get her a Freeview TV card for the PC, its keeps my SWMBO occupied for
hours!.....
--
Tony Sayer