Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
The £32 superspecial weighs 4kg - the weight of a chunky SDS - so not
that convenient.

If you look at Screwfix's web page on it, they are selling it as £1
per volt (refer to my previous point). Then they have discounted it
by 50%. This is a story in itself. Clearly they were not
successful in selling it at £79.99 so it begs the question as to
what's wrong with it. Either they are overstocked or haven't sold
enough or they have come back.

Perhaps they should have sold it as being value at so much per kg?

There is an ideal balance between weight for stability and excess which
will be a pain - literally with some - which must vary with the
individual. But 4 kg for a cordless drill I'd say is far too high for any
normal soul.

The other thing that may not matter to some, but does to me, is that when
the battery fails - as it will - replacing the cells with decent quality
ones makes a vast difference to the performance of the tool. I've got a
B&Q 18 volt where this is definitely the case. And new cells for that cost
about the same as a new drill. At 32 quid for a 24 volt, they'd cost
considerably more. Not that you'll find the same drill at the same price
by the time they fail anyway.

--
*Gun Control: Use both hands.

Dave Plowman London SW