Barry N. Turner

A Stubby is a lot less than what a good bass boat, motor and trailer costs.
Not to mention a nice $30,000 truck to pull it with. If you have a bad day
on the water, you have to go buy a bunch of smelly fish from the fish market
and lie about it to save face. With at least $50,000 tied up in equipment,
how are you ever gonna tell your sweetie you didn't catch a damn thing?

Instead of your wife worrying about your being out on some godforsaken lake
in all kinds of weather, with a Stubby, you're right out in your own garage
or basement all day long. Talk about peace of mind! And, don't forget the
investment angle. And no lying!

Barry

PS I sent in my deposit for a Stubby just this week.

"billh" wrote in message
. ..

"Earl" wrote in message
om...
I've only been turning for 8 or 9 months so I'm no expert. But I had
the chance to take a class from Christian Burchard in Ashland, OR and
we used Stubby lathes. I've been lusting for one ever since. It's like
a Rolls Royce after using my Delta. Unfortunately, they are way out of
my class for a retired, purely recreational turner. But if I ever
inherit a few bucks, I'll be contacting you!

Earl

Of course only you know what your budget will tolerate but if it's just a
matter of thinking it's too expensive for a recreational turner consider
what some people spend for motorcycles, snowmobiles, golf club membership
fees, etc. The lathe will have, as mentioned, considerable resale value

and
it's annual operating cost is very low compared to the above. I am
conveniently neglecting buying tools and gizmos!
Billh