Sir Edgar

Yesterday I wrote in a post:

"I envision it to be much like a metal lathe tool bit with the end
properly ground and protrudng just enough from two strips of wood
fashioned to make a handle. Wear your face shield!"

Today I had to try it. I ground the end of a hacksaw blade like a
parting tool. Then I made a handle out of two strips of wood and bolted
them together with the hacksaw blade between them like a sandwich, and
just the tip of the blade exposed. When I made a shallow groove I moved
the blade out further as it now had support on the sides. I repeated
this until I had the desired groove depth. It was rather "catchy" but it
worked. This surprised me for I am new at turning and most of the time
my work at the present is trial and error, learning as I go.

Maybe you will want to give it a try.

Peace ~ Sir Edgar
=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F 8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=
=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8