Art

I went thru 5 different brands of silicone sprays for wood windows with
plastic tracks and the best one was by Dupont. Bought it at Ace Hardware
but have never found it again. Was NOT 100% silicone. They did not hold up
as well. None of the sprays smelled bad after an hour. If plastic involve
look for one labeled for plastic or vinyl.

"Veggie" wrote in message
om...
I have windows that are friction based (no rollers) and need silicone
lube every few years or so. The mfg recommends silicone lube as other
lubes and oils attract dirt, which jams up the surfaces. The silicone
lube works great and is long lasting, but the problem is the nasty
petroleum smell that lasts for days, nearly a week.

From what I could find out, silicone lubes use a "carrier" that
evaporates, leaving the silicone behind. Are there any silicone lubes
that don't use a smelly carrier, or even 100% pure silicone that I can
swab on the windows? Is the carrier really needed?