tony sayer

Default OT Digital Radios

In article , Mike Barnes
writes
In uk.d-i-y, tony sayer wrote:
If you want digital radio for home fixed hi-fi use you'd just as well
get a Freeview or Sky box, at least the bitrates are higher....

[I couldn't find anywhere better to follow-up]

I tried a Freeview box and, as someone predicted, it simply wouldn't
work with a length of wire for an aerial.

So I took it back and got an Acoustic Solutions SP110 tuner from Curry's
for GBP 89.99. It's a lot better than I expected for the price - solidly
built, good sound, works well with the supplied indoor aerial, four
preset buttons on the front panel. Whinges are (1) it's huge, but has a
small scrolling display (but other tuners seem to be the same) and (2)
the remote would be an extra 19.99 (as it happens I don't particularly
want one, but at 109.98 the total would still be a lot cheaper than the
competition).

What do you consider the competition to be?....

--
Tony Sayer