Minnie Bannister

I have previously visited "Radio Shack sucks" and "U-Haul sucks" sites
(don't recall the precise names). I wonder if their owners are also
being harassed.

MB

On 08/27/04 01:33 pm put fingers to keyboard and
launched the following message into cyberspace:

Last summer I posted a thread about the problems I was having with my
Generac natural gas 10KW generator and the lack of customer service.
I made a diary of my adventure and posted it to a site I created,
generac-sucks.com

Well, low and behold, a year later I get a "cease and desist" letter
from Generac's Vice President General Counsel informing me that if "in
the unfortunate event that you fail to remove these defamatory
materials, we will take aggressive legal action."

Just so happens that the domain expired this week and I did not renew
it since it served its purpose.

With all the existing case law surrounding "sucks" websites, it makes
me wonder.