Default generac sucks cease and desist

Last summer I posted a thread about the problems I was having with my
Generac natural gas 10KW generator and the lack of customer service.
I made a diary of my adventure and posted it to a site I created,
generac-sucks.com

Well, low and behold, a year later I get a "cease and desist" letter
from Generac's Vice President General Counsel informing me that if "in
the unfortunate event that you fail to remove these defamatory
materials, we will take aggressive legal action."

Just so happens that the domain expired this week and I did not renew
it since it served its purpose.

With all the existing case law surrounding "sucks" websites, it makes
me wonder.

m Ransley

But did it get fixed

m Ransley

I could not find the site, so what happened.

Greg O

wrote in message
Last summer I posted a thread about the problems I was having with my
Generac natural gas 10KW generator and the lack of customer service.
I made a diary of my adventure and posted it to a site I created,
generac-sucks.com

I work for Generac dealer, as a sevice tech. What was the problem, and was
it resolved?
We have had good support from Generac, even as far as to offer to exchange a
troublesome generator that is two years out of warranty. Generac has spotty
support for standby products. We often drive over 100 miles one way to do
service. Warranty dealers are not in every city and the closest may be miles
away, not nessasarily Generacs fault! Just not allot of companies want to
take on this type of work. Often when I get there it is an instalation
problem not covered under warranty. We get a check for the travel time when
I arrive, or I leave! Customers often have a hard time understanding what is
warranty and what is not.
E-mail me if you like.
Greg

m Ransley

If you had a claim court would have heard it. I say a nonexistant site
and slander is BS

I-zheet M'drurz

Top-posting dickdrip Minnie Bannister wrote:

I have previously visited "Radio Shack sucks" and "U-Haul sucks"
sites (don't recall the precise names). I wonder if their owners
are also being harassed.

They SHOULD be! You can't just go publishing undocumented
heresay anecdotal stories about a company like that, that's
friggin' LIBEL unless every single word of it is proven
fact. Where the fugg do people get off thinking they can
just stand up in a public forum and defame another person
or a business??

--
Saluting America's #1 (animated) "MILF" - Lois Griffin!
Tom Pendergast e-mail is for sissies, say it on line
Red Neckerson

"Greg O" wrote

[...]

I bought a Generac generator and within the same week, I caught the clap.
What can yew do fer me?

Greg O

"Red Neckerson" wrote in message
news6ZXc.308$bD5.296@trnddc03...

"Greg O" wrote

[...]

..357 in the right ear will take care of it!
Greg

HorneTD

Welcome to the United States of America. It's called free speech.
--
Tom H