IMM

Default OT - Monitors - TFT v. CRT

IMM wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:03:38 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

IMM wrote:

IMM wrote:

MA Electrical sciences, Cambridge :-)

And you are a computer expert by studying electric sockets? My, oh

,

my!

And what amazes me he actually does think he is.

No, I am just an electronic enigeneer

It said "Electrical".

Thats what you get at a snotty uni IMM.

Everything from mechanical engineering to electronics.

El;ectrical sciences covers everything from microwaves through
electronics down to power stations.

I don't think that he has much idea of what a university education is
all about anyway

Having been through one I certainly do, my old chum.

- i.e. that it's not some kind of vocational training
setup, but rather how to go about identifying and dealing with issues
set against a subject background.

Electrical and electronic are now very different fields and have been

for a
very long time.

Only in jumped up technical colleges where its not to be expected that
you will be taught to think for yourself.

********!! Snotty uni attitude again. Snotty uni's don't teach properly,
as they give all the top jobs to themselves, so why know about something
useful.

The ordinary degree at cambridge is in engineering only.

Covering everything from building bridges via heat engines to electronics.

Madness!!!! I can just see a board designer, saying "the next job is doing
a bridge". get real. Well reality passed the snots by a long time ago.

---