jch

Update:
They built the deck frame on temporary posts and then put in footers at the
end of the day. Decking goes on today. Looks OK I guess but since I wasn't
there at the time, I can't tell how deep the footers go or if there's any
concrete under them (or just around them). I put the ledger bolts in myself.

"jch" wrote in message
.. .
I've got a couple of guys building a deck for me at a house I'm either
going to sell or rent (an investment property). The deck height is only a
couple of feet off the ground. They're not bolting the ledger board to the
house (cinder block) and instead are using only concrete nails. Also,
they're not going to put footers in until after they've finished the deck.
Everything is on temporary supports and then they'll come back and dig
footers and pour some concrete. Does this sound right? Thanks.