chris French wrote:
I've got a new-ish (made 2001) GE CU (it was a wrong item in a delivery
and never collected by the supplier) I'm going to use it to replace a
friends old one.

Are MCBs' a standard fitment, so I can just use whatever is available or
do they vary from makers to maker.?

However, they don't seem to be a common CU make and the places I've
checked so far - local supplier, Screwfix, TLC don't have them. I'm sure
I can source them if I look, but if MK or whatever will fit I'll just
use them (yes I can tootle off to my local trade counter to check the
fit, but I'll not have time to do that until next week sometime.

I think you may find that some wholesalers' "own brand" MCBs are
actually GE ones. Try Denmans for a start.

In general I've found that MCBs can be mixed but you may find that the
busbar(s) need a bit of a bodge.

--
Chris Green