Michael Daly

On 26-Aug-2004, "William W. Plummer" wrote:

You say they have low volume toilets but walk 5km for water????

Where on Earth did I say anything about them having toilets?

PIPES, dear friends, will move water from here to there.

And _you_ will pay for it, right?

It's not so bad. CA has many solar desalinization plants. I'm familiar
with the ones around San Francisco Bay. They've been in use for 30
years and work quite well.

Desalination is one of, if not the, most expensive way to get fresh water.
Maybe you should actually learn something about water treatment and the
associated costs before blathering on.

Mike