Steve@carolinabreezehvac

"Lee Carkenord" wrote in message
om...
I am going to need to buy a new power lawn mower before next summer.
I want a small, basic, no frills model, NOT self propelled.

Would I get cheapest purchase price by buying close-out fall model on
sale, or would they be cheaper early next Spring?

I live in Denver Co, where we have several winter months of no mowing.

Thank you..... Lee Carkenord

You might do as I recently did.

I was at Lowes in my town getting some 2 inch PVC for stock, since my
supplier was out, and I noticed that they had a few mowers out front. SOME
of them were returns, and carried the same warranty as the new ones.
There was a 21 inch Troy Built with the self propel feature, and rear
bagger, side discharge, or mulch, with a 6 3/4 HP B+S on it...it looked
brand new, but it had been returned. The service sheet on it stated:

Problem: Will not start
Repair: Added Fuel.

Ohhhhkay...

I really was thinking Lawn Boy, and was looking at a new one, but I noticed
that the price on the mower was marked to $199 and it sold in the store for
$299...
I saw the employee that was working the outside Lawn and Garden area,
started talking about mowers in general, and when he pointed out that very
same mower, and commented on the price, I stated that I would buy it if it
was $120.

I have a new Troy Built now....