Phil Nettleton

there are regs concerning this it`s reg 528-02 proximity to non electrical
services
528-02-04 where a wiring system is installed in proximity to a
non-electrical service it shall be so arranged that any forseeable operation
carried out on either service will not cause damage to the other

so if when you turn on the tap and it splashes the socket it fails this reg
or if when you plug in an appliance and the cable hangs in the bowl of the
sink this would also fail
having said that common sence would normally mean you wouldn`t put it that
close but as common sence isn`t sold in boxes or tubes you`ll always get
these probs
hope this helps
phil N

"KD" wrote in message
Hi all,
Daft question of the day time ....
I know that there are regs regarding power sockets in bathrooms etc. but

are
there any guidelines about the proximity of power sockets near a sink.

The
reason I ask is that it appears that the builders have potentially f***ked
up yet again on the wiring of our house and that the utility room double
sockets are directly over the draining board which requires running of

power
cables to other appliances along the splashback area behind the taps. The
plans of the house show that these are in the wrong place but I just

thought
I'd check my position legally/regs wise.

Thanks for any help,
Keith

P.S. To make this on topic I'm considering a fix myself :-)