David Micklem

Default The Good Old Days of UK.D-I-Y

In article 0, mike
ring wrote:

David Micklem wrote in news:200120041315541503%
:

Wasteland? Still 100's of on topic posts a day... but I have been
filtering out the carp so I guess I don't know what I've been missing!

This post made me curious - during the troubles I wanted to do something
about crossposts, but I couldn't work out how in Xnews, and anyhow it has
an excellent one-press killfiler.

So I never did filter cross-posting, but I haven't seen any more than the
usual rough trade for weeks, and I kind of like to watch that.

No idea how bad it is now - but it was annoying enough around Xmas for
me to bother setting up a filter. Dumping multiply (=5) cross-posted
messages made them all instantly disappear.

So is btinternet missing half the posts, I know the server is somewhat
flaky by all the references to posts I never saw, though sometimes they
turn up a few weeks later, my guess is that that BT retrained posties for
IT.

Theo other thing is what are you lot on?

ntl

I've been getting over 300 posts a day for ages?

Yes, that sounds about right

mike r

On the earlier question of what newsreader to use on a Mac, the
following page seems to have a fairly comprehensive list, with download
links and reviews...

http://www.macorchard.com/usenet.html

Both MacSoup and YA/MT-NewsWatcher are highly praised - MacSOUP
especially if you want/need to read offline.

David

--
Replace nospame with yahoo to reply
Unsolicited commercial email will incur a $100 processing fee