Tim Perry

"user" wrote in message
Hi,

Thank for your response so far. I've checked the batteries (even use a
regulated power supply for correct voltage), and open up one to examine

and
for look for other obvious problems, but found none.

I saw a few potentiometers and one adjustable coil, due to the source of
where I got these FRSs, I wouldn't rule out bad adjustment has been
involved. But before I get into this direction, I'd need more technical

info
like: schematic/block diagram (for this model is the best), general
procedure to adjust...

As an electronic hobbyist dealing with other household appliances before
(TV, VCR...), I wouldn't mind get into these FRSs at spare time.

Thanks.

if you can get one pair to work that's a start... you can use one
functioning unit in place of actual test equipment... to a point. ....
however, if i recall correctly is actually illegal to work on them without a
general radio telephone operators license.