Mike Fritz

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

snip

I fail to see any economy when you have to flush it three times to get all the
crap to go down. I've had better luck tricking mine to hold more water in the
tank. It's amazing how much better it flushes with even just another half a
gallon of water.

snip

I agree. But many of the newer toilets actually work like they should.
My last apartment had a toilet that has a styrofoam float attached to
the flapper. Somehow, this made it so that when you flushed, the flapper
would shut when only have the tank had drained.

If you wanted more of a flush, you would hold down the handle for the
whole flush (not refill) cycle. This kept the flapper from shutting so
early. I think this is a great setup, depending on which number you do,
you can decide on the water saving feature, or a full flush.

The biggest problem I find with clogs is toilet paper. Some brands clog
more than others.
--Mike