Suraj Singh

Thanks to all who replied! Well I live in Sayreville. This weekend I
am going to try out any available TRIAC with Radio Shack with a
voltage rating of 300V or more even 200V will do with little risk.

When I opened the little box in the base of lamp physically circuit
looked fine, no burn out. next I found the schemetic on google and my
sus****ion was no TRIAC. I do not have a multimeter with me so I
carried out a little experiment to make sure the TRIAC is faulty. I
just disconnected the Gate and left it floating in the air, plugged in
the lamp in supply and the bulb was on. To further make sure (in case
TRIAC is tooooo sensitive) I tied the Gate with Cathode, bulb was
still on, it means the gate has lost control.

I knew this happens with SCRs and TRIACs as I have used them while
designing my own solid state relays, light operated porch lamp and
clap switch.

I will try to put a pre-amplifier and a condenser mic to make this
lamp clap operated along with the touch.... but thats the next step.