William W. Plummer

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Al Kondo wrote:

I found that it took 4 gallons of water to fill it to the usual flush
line! I wondered why my family was having such high water usage....
now I know why. Anyway, I have decided to change the toilet out for
a more efficient 1.5 gal model. What I would like to know is what do
you look for when buying one of these things. Also.... are they as
efficient in flushing as the one I presently have?? I noticed that
the price of toilets at Home Depot also ranged from about $75 to $300.
That is quite a range. What is the difference??

I fail to see any economy when you have to flush it three times to get all the
crap to go down. I've had better luck tricking mine to hold more water in the
tank. It's amazing how much better it flushes with even just another half a
gallon of water.

I don't get it. First, water is cheap, $3 per 1000 gallons. Second,
there is no shortage of water in the world. Hydrocarbon combustion
constantly adds more. Most of the water is in polar ice and the oceans.

The Commonwealth of MA licenses each publically owned well for X many
gallons of water per day. THAT'S what causes the shortage!