Doug Kanter

Go to www.consumerreports.com and pay the 7 or 8 bucks for a month of
membership. That allows you to read and print their product tests. For
toilets, they made artificial turds out of sponges and whatever else, and
actually flushed these things. Interesting and worthwhile report.

"Al Kondo" wrote in message
I have recently been working on my toilet because of some simple
flapper leakage problems. While working on it, I decided to settle my
curiosity about how much water it took per flush. Much to my surprise
I found that it took 4 gallons of water to fill it to the usual flush
line! I wondered why my family was having such high water usage....
now I know why. Anyway, I have decided to change the toilet out for
a more efficient 1.5 gal model. What I would like to know is what do
you look for when buying one of these things. Also.... are they as
efficient in flushing as the one I presently have?? I noticed that
the price of toilets at Home Depot also ranged from about $75 to $300.
That is quite a range. What is the difference??

Thanks, Al Kondo