Fred the Red Shirt

"David" wrote in message . ..
Good tip. In that case, how does one new to the trade find all these other
sources? I am in Renton, WA.

Sandy Pond has a webpage, and so do many places. Google and Altavista
are your friends. The Yellow pages are still handy. I learned on this
newsgroup about a mill I had driven by perhaps two dozen times and
never noticed befor.

Generally speaking, you want to look for mills in rural areas close
to where the lumber is cut. That's where the retailers buy theirs.

Probably others in your area will see this and reply, you can also use
Google to search the rec.woodworking archives for terms like
"lumber", "washington", "mill" and so forth in various combinations.

--

FF