mike ring

Default The Good Old Days of UK.D-I-Y

David Micklem wrote in news:200120041315541503%
:

Wasteland? Still 100's of on topic posts a day... but I have been
filtering out the carp so I guess I don't know what I've been missing!

This post made me curious - during the troubles I wanted to do something
about crossposts, but I couldn't work out how in Xnews, and anyhow it has
an excellent one-press killfiler.

So I never did filter cross-posting, but I haven't seen any more than the
usual rough trade for weeks, and I kind of like to watch that.

So is btinternet missing half the posts, I know the server is somewhat
flaky by all the references to posts I never saw, though sometimes they
turn up a few weeks later, my guess is that that BT retrained posties for
IT.

Theo other thing is what are you lot on?

I've been getting over 300 posts a day for ages?

mike r