Al Kondo

Default What do I look for in a high efficiency toilet??

I have recently been working on my toilet because of some simple
flapper leakage problems. While working on it, I decided to settle my
curiosity about how much water it took per flush. Much to my surprise
I found that it took 4 gallons of water to fill it to the usual flush
line! I wondered why my family was having such high water usage....
now I know why. Anyway, I have decided to change the toilet out for
a more efficient 1.5 gal model. What I would like to know is what do
you look for when buying one of these things. Also.... are they as
efficient in flushing as the one I presently have?? I noticed that
the price of toilets at Home Depot also ranged from about $75 to $300.
That is quite a range. What is the difference??

Thanks, Al Kondo