Bob Shuman

I've repaired two of these touch lamp 3-way dimmers over the last 5 years
(two different lamps) and both times it was the electrolytic capacitors that
had gone out of spec. Just an FYI to make sure the problem is really with
the triac before you search for the replacement.

Good luck!

Bob

"mike appenzeller" wrote in message
om...
(Suraj Singh) wrote in message

. com...
Hi,
I have a touch lamp 3-way dimmer which I wanted to repair. I found
that it uses BT134 Triac which have shorted and lamp remains on all
the time.

I tried to find Triac in RadioShack (New Jersey) but could not find
it.

Can anybody please suggest me where to buy components. I could find
some online stores which are good for bulk buying. I am looking for
stores for buying components in small quantities for hobby purposes. I
am new to component buying in USA, please help?

TIA