Mike

I'm curious as to how you distribute the heat in your shop. I've been
giving a lot of thought into putting in a solar powered radiant system
when I build a new shop "sometime." But how do you add solar heat in a
pre-existing building?

Morris Dovey wrote:
"Dave Rathnow" wrote in message

What type of heating do you use? Any recommendations to heat
my shop: it's about 20x20 with a 12 foot ceiling.

Solar (unshielded remote fusion reactor). I have a 50x50x14 shop and
plan to heat it with three 6x12 panels this winter. Last winter I used a
single 6x12 panel to keep shop temperature above freezing; and estimate
that three will provide a comfortable daytime working environment (most
days).

I don't know about your locale; but a shop the size of yours here could
probably be kept decently warm with a pair of south-facing 6x8 solar
panels. The advantage, of course, is that there isn't any fuel requirement.