Chuck

On 24 Aug 2004 19:57:30 EDT, Tim Daneliuk
wrote:

expense of "the people", our foreign military bases worldwide would
still have soldiers going out and raping the locals (don't splutter

You're an enormous ass. All populations have some small proportion
of criminals in them, including our (and everyone else's) military.
But the manner in which you phrase this makes it seem like it is the
norm, common, and a fundamental reason for people hating America.
You're much more likely (by many orders of magnitude) to see military
rapes in the Arab world or in the Oh-So-Brilliant milleau of Africa
than you ever are at the hands of the US military. AND ... when one of
our people is caught doing something evil like this we _prosecute and punish_
them (unlike the aforementioned Arab and African offenders).

Thanks for the ad hominem response. It adds great weight to
your argument.
Your own paragraph only equates our bad behavior with that of
others, which does not make it right. The fact that there are
criminals in others' military, as well as ours, does not make it
right. The fact that we prosecute (although not to the extent that our
host countries would always like) and others do not does not make it
right to commit the crimes.
In short, when I say people hate us because our overseas
military bases have criminal soldiers that *regularly* go out and
abuse the local women, it's true. If the Saudis or the Sudanese had
military bases in Okinawa, *they* would be hated in Okinawa. But they
don't, and we do.

I'm taking the pledge too. EOD.

=====
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
=====
{remove curly brackets for email}