gustav

"Dave Rathnow" wrote in message news:OZ3Xc.55635$X12.38428@edtnps84...
With winter immanent, I'm looking at putting some heating in my shop
so I can work and not freeze. I've heard people say that any
kind of open flame heating is dangerous because it could ignite saw
dust--I've heard others say this is rubbish.

Could people share their opinions and advice? Is an open
flame heater dangerous? What type of heating do you use?
Any recommendations to heat my shop: it's about 20x20
with a 12 foot ceiling.

Thanks,
Dave.

I've used a combination wood/coal stove for years. Wood in the early
fall and late spring to warm things up then the heat of the day is
sufficient to keep the temp comfortable. Coal in the cold season on
Cape Cod...it's cheap, easy to use not having to feed it often. At
10pm, I feed it and its good until 8am the next morning. Shop temp
about 70F. Never a problem with dust although I keep a clean shop.