Edwin Pawlowski

"Dave Rathnow" wrote in message

Could people share their opinions and advice? Is an open
flame heater dangerous? What type of heating do you use?
Any recommendations to heat my shop: it's about 20x20
with a 12 foot ceiling.

Thanks,
Dave.

I use propane. I'd use natural gas if it was available. Electric is
expensive to run, but more of a cost of running enough power to get enough
heat. A 1500 watt heater is only 5118 Btu. I need at least 30,000 in my
detached garage. When the temperature gets very low, say 20 degrees or less,
I don't even try to heat the shop.

What is best for you? Depends on many factors. Insulation? Coldest
outdoor temperature? Fuel availability?
Ed