mike appenzeller

(Suraj Singh) wrote in message . com...
Hi,
I have a touch lamp 3-way dimmer which I wanted to repair. I found
that it uses BT134 Triac which have shorted and lamp remains on all
the time.

I tried to find Triac in RadioShack (New Jersey) but could not find
it.

Can anybody please suggest me where to buy components. I could find
some online stores which are good for bulk buying. I am looking for
stores for buying components in small quantities for hobby purposes. I
am new to component buying in USA, please help?

TIA

Suraj

I don't know where in NJ you are located, but you can try Master's
Electronic supply on Colfax Street in Raritan. I don't have a phone #
but you can look it up. They were still in business as of Dec. 03.
I bought some parts there when I went up to NJ to visit my relatives for
Chirstmas. They wouldn't carry the exact part number Triac, but would
be able to cross ref. it to an NTE/ECG/SK replacement.

Mike
WB2MEP