Doug Miller

In article , (Fred the Red Shirt) wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote in message
om...
In article ,

(Fred the Red Shirt) wrote:
And what is the average retirement age? (Maybe 65?)

Approximately. We can agree to so stipulate.

What is the average life expectancey (Maybe 74?)

As I cited in another post, the average life expectancy of a U.S. 65-year-old

in 2000 is an additional 17.9 years.

If you are going to use the life expectance of someone who already
made it to age 65, you need to account for contributions into the
SS fund by those who died prior collecting, right?

Did you look at my other post, which presented a little more detail?

Example: the life expectancy of a 40-year-old in 2000 was 38.9 [additional]
years.

At *no* stage in life does an American alive in 2000 have a total life
expectancy of less than 77.4 years.

--
Regards,